Friday, July 11, 2014

How to disable the ‘Enter Network Password’ prompt.

Wifi LAN Network problem with ID and Password won't change

ASK:
Original title: Network ID won't change
I've been trying to get rid of the Enter Network Password problem from my Windows 7 Pro desktop when I try and access it from my Win 7 Home Premium laptop and I read in a post to go into Network ID under My Computer and set it to "This is a home computer; it's not part of a business network". But after restarting, or even clicking accept then going back into it, it sets it back to "This computer is part of a business network".  Help please. Any thoughts?

ANSWER:
Hi,
Try the following steps and check the status of the issue.
a)    Open Control Panel and ‘System and Security’ then click on ‘Administrative Tools’ and ‘Local Security Policy’.
b)    Expand ‘Local Policies’ and select ‘Security Options’.
c)    Double-click on ‘Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console login only’, which is enabled by default. Disable this option and click OK.

No comments: